Thursday, May 9, 2019

My Best Writing

        I have a writer's conference coming up with Dr. Preston, and I am excited to go over What's Love Got To Do With It and Story of My Life. I chose these two pieces for specific reasons. The What's Love Got To Do With It is experience everyone can go through and has gone through. Its a feeling that all can relate to. Making something homemade or something that takes time with have a meaning behind it. That's the first reason why you're making it. The last day before we went of to winter break, everyone in the was suppose to share a dish among all of us. The dish had to have a meaning in why you chose it and if there was any background information that needed to be told. The dish I brought was a flan. When my mother didn't have enough  money to pay the rent, she would ask neighbors if they wanted to buy a dish from her. At times, she was told to make flans for a birthday party. I helped out in the making of the flan. I would get the ingredients, burn the sugar, and put the dish outside for it could cool faster. This is why the dish had meaning to me. The Story of My Life is another experience that happened to me that until this present day, I feel it so vivid. I wrote the piece with me being there and not me just saying the story. I had to add the expressions of the other people as my mother and father as if I were them. I wanted to give the different points of view in what they would think. From this experience, a fear was created. The fear of not being left alone with the door shut. I struggled for a while but I know later on, I would have to overcome this fear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Best Writing